Dosing & Administration
The recommended induction regimen of YERVOY™ is 3 mg/kg administered intravenously (IV) over a 90-minute period, every 3 weeks, for a total of 4 doses. (1)
- Patients should receive the entire induction regimen (4 doses) as tolerated, regardless of the appearance of new lesions or the growth of existing lesions. (1)
- Tumour response to YERVOY™ should be assessed 12 weeks after treatment initiation to allow YERVOY™ time to trigger an anti-tumour immune response. (1, 2, 4)
- In the pivotal trial, further assessments were performed at week 16 and 24 and every 3 months thereafter. (4)
Liver function tests and thyroid function tests should be evaluated at baseline and before each dose of YERVOY™. In addition, any signs or symptoms or immune-related adverse reactions, including diarrhea and colitis, must be assessed during treatment with YERVOY™ . (1)
The prescribed dose for the patient is given in mg/kg. Based on this prescribed dose, calculate the total dose to be given. More than one vial of YERVOY™ concentrate may be needed to administer the total dose for the patient.(1)
- The total ipilimumab dose in mg = the patient’s weight in kg multiplied by the prescribed dose in mg/kg (the recommended dose is 3 mg/kg). (1)
- The volume of YERVOY™ concentrate to prepare the dose (mL) = the total ipilimumab dose in mg, divided by 5 (the YERVOY™ concentrate strength is 5 mg/mL). (1)
1. YERVOY™ Summary of Product Characteristics.
2. Hoos A et al. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2010 Sep 22;102(18):1388-1397.
3. Wolchok JD et al. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15(23):7412-7420.
4. Hodi FS et al. Improved Survival with Ipilimumab in Patients with Metastatic Melanoma. N Engl J Med. 2010;363(8):711-723.